
Here are some details about my little girl.
Little Lucy is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and her birthday is January 21, 2009. She weights 3.5lbs (says her vet Dr.Rines at Severn River Animal Hospital,) and is from Missouri.
The Story.
We got her on Sunday, April 19, 2009 from Today's Pet in Columbia Mall. I have been wanting a dog for over a year now but with Harley being sick and then passing away, it never felt right to get one. He was such a great dog and meant so much to us, it was an uncomfortable situation. Harley died on November 1, 2008; so it's been some time and on Saturday I went to my mom and talked to her about the dog topic. Being my mom, she just rolled her eyes at me; Hey at least I didn't get a NO, like before! I have looked at sooo many types of dogs in the past; Dalmation, English Bull Dog, Pug, Boston Terrier, Akita, Labs... etc, etc, etc, but never liked one type. Jeremy and I woke up on Sunday and went to breakfast at Bob Evans (not my favorite place.) I told Jeremy how my mom seemed "ok" with the idea of me getting a dog. To my surprise he said, "Let's go to the pet store." I love going to the pet store and have went like 100 times but never once did I feel a connection to one dog that made me think, I want this dog! I kept saying, "I'm not getting a dog today, especially from Today's Pet! I just want to play with a bull dog." That is until I walked into the store, and saw a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, I looked at Jeremy and said it's probably a boy, ew. Brandon (the guy who worked there) walked by and I said "is that a girl or boy King Charles," he said, "uhhh it's a little girl." I looked at Jeremy again and said "can I see her?" Brandon put us in a room and from the moment he handed her to me, I was done! She has the best little personality and is so sweet, I knew she was ours!
Now after two days of much much much debate over a name, we decided last night, she is our Lucy! Jerms and I both love the beetles and little did he know, Britney Spears' character in Crossroads was named Lucy, muhaha! :)
Thats the story of how Lucy joined our family!
2 comments:
That name is PERFECT!!! She looks exactly like a Lucy!
LUCY AND THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS!!!!
Our dog is way cuter lol!
Post a Comment